BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 20, 2009

Farewell




When tomorrow starts without me and I’m not there to see
The sun should rise and find your eyes, filled with tears for me
I wish so much you didn’t cry, the way you did today
While thinking of so many things we didn’t used
to say
I know how much you love me, as much as I love you
And each time that you think of me, I know that you’ll miss me too
But when tomorrow starts without me, please try to understand
That an angel called my name and took me by the hand
He said my place is ready in heaven far above
And that I have to leave behind all those that I dearly loved
But as I turn and walked away, a tear fell from my eye
For all life I’d always thought, I didn’t want to die
I have so much to live for, so much yet to do
It seemed almost impossible that I was leaving you
I thought of all the yesterdays, the good ones and the bad
I thought of all the love we shared, and all the fun we had
If I could relive yesterday just even for a while
I’d kiss you and say goodbye and maybe see you smile
But then I fully realized that it could never be
For emptiness and memories would fill the place in me
And when I thought of worldly things, I might miss tomorrow
I thought of you and when I did my heart filled with sorrow
But when I walked through Heaven’s gates, I felt so much at home
When God looked down and smiled at me, from his great golden thrown
He said “This is eternity and all that I have promised you”
Today on earth is past, but here starts a new
But today will always last, and since each day is t he same
There is no longing for the past
But you have been so faithful so trusting and so true
Though there were times you did some things you knew you shouldn’t do
But you have been forgiven
And now at last you are free
So won’t you take my hand and share my life with me?
So when tomorrow starts without me don’t think were far apart
For every time you think of me, I’m right here in your heart

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

kanino ka nagpapaalam?

lucas said...

so sad... parang a walk to remember na binaliktad... :)

Eli said...

oh my I'm speechless.. you're a good writer yourself.